Sign up now for a body comp DEXA scan March 28, 8:30am-12:30pm at Ballston CrossFit)! This is the most accurate body scan on the market and you only have to pay $79 for the scan ($125 value!!)
Step 1: Pay $79 or $120 for the DEXA Scan on Zen Planner or click here on to pay on our website: https://crossfitroute7.com/how-to-join/
Step 2: Click here to reserve your time slot(s)
What is a DEXA scan?
A DEXA scan is the most reliable way to measure body fat, bone, and lean muscle throughout your body. It’s a simple and quick non-invasive procedure that provides a quantitative measure of your body composition. This allows you to optimize your program to suit your body’s needs.
Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA or DXA) uses a low-dose x-ray to measure fat mass, lean mass and bone mineral content within the body. The scan takes only 6 minutes to complete and is the most comprehensive and least invasive body composition method available.
DEXA provides significant advantages over traditional body comp methods including:
● Highest Accuracy: Most accurate method available, with an error rate of only 1-2% (most other methods have a 5-15% margin of error)
● Three Component Model: DEXA (DXA) distinguishes between body fat mass, lean mass, AND bone mineral content within the body. All other methods are two components: body fat mass and lean mass only.
● Regional Analysis: You’ll receive a breakdown of body fat mass & lean mass in 5 key regions of the body: arms, legs, trunk, android (belly), and gynoid (hips) regions so that you can see exactly where your changes are happening. No other method can provide this much detail.
● Muscle Imbalances: We will compare left and right side lean muscle in the arms, legs, and trunk region to determine if there are any muscular imbalances due to overuse or injury.
● Bone Density: You will receive a total body bone density analysis to assess risk for Osteopenia and Osteoporosis.
● No Restrictions: There is no need to remove or wear minimal clothing. There are also no dietary restrictions such as fasting or elimination of water or caffeine intake.
Knowing your individual body composition is a powerful tool!
★ Pinpoint exact fat loss and muscle gain in response to diet/exercise changes
★ Optimize your training to suit your body’s specific needs
★ Check your bone density and risk for osteoporosis
★ Scan regularly to quantify your improvements