Hello CrossFit Route 7 Community!!!
Thank you to 36 people who took the time to complete our 2020 member survey! We appreciate all of the feedback that you gave us as it helps us to continue to improve our operations and your experience at the gym.
We are extremely proud to have gotten very positive responses about our coaching team and also some great constructive feedback on how we can get even better. We believe that our coaches are the best of the best and they are dedicated to growing as coaches so that they can provide you with the best possible CrossFit experience.
We are also very proud of our strong community. On a daily basis we see you all supporting and encouraging each other through tough workouts and building great relationships before/after classes and outside of the gym. One of our favorite quotes from this year’s survey was, “I have made such great friends at CFR7!”
After reading through all of your feedback and analyzing the needs for CFR7, we will be making some changes and improvements to the gym (some of these have already been completed).
We certainly understand this frustration regarding finding a parking space when arriving at the gym. As some of you know, we did not initially have parking issues at the gym. But as Tesla has expanded their operation, they have drastically impacted the number of available parking spaces around the gym.
Brandon and Tucker have been working with the landlord and property manager to provide specific parking spaces for our members. With the recent shutdown we have been able to mark off the entire side of the building (for angled parking) plus 5 spaces in the back. These parking spaces are marked “CrossFit” and dedicated to our members. For our angled parking, we have about half of the back side of the building (considerably more than previously) and if people park properly, we expect this parking scenario to provide us with 40+ parking spaces which will meet the needs of our community.
There were a good number of comments asking for more community events outside of the gym. At the end of this coronavirus quarantine and social distancing, we will definitely be making an effort to organize more events for the community. Be sure to be check the events calendars (on whiteboards and on the website). We would also really love to see some of CFR7’s most social butterflies help us out with creating opportunities for people to get together! Please feel free to utilize the Seven Up members Facebook page for organizing your own CFR7 outings (happy hours, hikes, bike rides, etc.). If you would like some extra help with setting up an event or you just have a fun idea, email [email protected] and our team can give you some assistance with spreading the word.
- Repainted the gym during the lockdown
- Repainted bench and storage for Dumbbells/Kettlebells
- We have met with our janitorial staff to review the cleanliness of the facility. We have new protocols in place to ensure greater attention and more frequent facility and equipment cleaning.
- More regular maintenance under heavier equipment where dust seems to collect.
- Added a new Calendar on the back white board to help outreach of future community events
- Removal of extra equipment behind the GHD machine.
- We have purchased a new iPad with a better camera to improve our social media and whiteboard posts. If a coach posts a blurry photo, you are welcome to continue to call them out for their poor photo taking skills! 😉
- Improved bathroom organization and cleanliness
We have seen a lot of amazing progress with our athletes in the past year and we are very excited in the direction that our programming has taken. As always, with questions and comments regarding programming, shoot Coach Brandon an email ([email protected]) and he would be happy to help you out. Note: these programming changes will be seen more fully once we have gone through our “Comeback Programming” after reopening the gyms.
- Increased frequency of benchmark workouts
- More gymnastics technique work
- There will be an increase in this later in the year’s programming. You will see shifts in focus for our programming every few months.
- More Long, “Cardio” workouts
- Continuation of our progressive and periodized strength programming. If anyone wants to learn more about the specifics of this, reach out to Coach Brock at BCF ([email protected])
Adding Virtual Core Blast
BCF coach Shauna has been instructing Core Blast on our virtual classes and people have been loving it! At this time, our plan after the gyms reopen is to keep one virtual Core Blast a week for you to join! You will be able to login to this virtual class via Zen Planner in the future. In addition, we will likely have 15+ Core Blast classes recorded and available on demand via our website by the end of this shutdown (https://crossfitroute7.com/at-home-workout-recordings/)
If you have any other questions or comments, don’t hesitate to reach out. Thanks again!!!
Also, if you love CFR7 and haven’t already shared your experience on Yelp/Google with a 5 star review, we would really appreciate it!!! Those reviews go a long way in helping new members decide to check out our awesome gym.
25ft Handstand walk (Fx: 50ft Bear Crawl)
Work :40/Rest :20
1: Jump Switch Lunges
2: Kettlebell/Dumbbell Swings
3: Single Arm Floor Press
4: Air Squats
5: Rest 1:00