Is Knee Pain or Lack of Mobility Keeping You from the Performance You Know You’re Capable of in CrossFit?
Are you having difficulty or pain with any of the following?
- Performing squats or lunges?
- Going up or down stairs?
- Or even bending down to pick up something off the floor?
Maybe you’re not even having pain (yet) but have noticed that your mobility is not what it used to be? Your knees might be feeling stiff after commuting to work, sitting at your desk all day, or trying to sit through a 2-hour movie, and you definitely notice it with most of your CrossFit workouts.
If you’ve had these issues for a while and have tried different things to help yourself (massage, dry needling, Graston, foam rolling) and the knees are better for a while, but then the issues come back, then you are probably only treating the SYMPTOMS of your problem, and not the underlying cause. If you don’t get down to what’s really going on, then the cycle will just continue, and you definitely have more important things to be doing.
At the Optimizing Knee Performance workshop, you’ll learn:
- The surprising 5 things that are probably contributing to your knee pain
- The #1 muscle group you should focus on
- Why foam rolling the IT Band is unfortunately not going help anything
- How to know if your knee problem is something you can fix yourself or if you need someone to help you
- What successful treatment and permanent relief looks like without the side effects of medications, injections, or surgery
This event will be a great opportunity to have all your questions answered by a specialist physical therapist and functional performance coach! You will also have a chance to have a mini-evaluation on your knee to assess your particular symptoms. If getting up in front of a group is not your thing, then you can still benefit from experiencing a live examination of another member of the audience to see what’s going on with particular symptoms they may be having in their knee and how that relates to you!
The Optimizing Knee Performance workshop is free, but you must RSVP with this link to reserve your seat. You do not need to be a member of this CrossFit to attend!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Dr. Stacy Snow, PT, DPT
Tranquil Place Physical Therapy & Wellness
4 x [email protected]%
AMRAP (unbroken) @85%
8 Pistols, alternating, Fx: DB lunges
8 KBS 32/24, Fx: 24/16
8 tall box jumps 32/26, Fx: 24/20
DB Hammer Curls x 20