Starting Monday, January 14th we will begin a new block of programming at BCF and CF Route 7. This programming block will be roughly 2.5 months long lasting through the end of March and the first CrossFit Open for 2019 (remember – we’ll have another Open in the fall this year!).
The goals for this block of programming will be to focus on preparing you for the CrossFit Open. The CrossFit Open is a five-workout competition held at CrossFit affiliates and garage gyms around the world. Workouts are released online each Thursday, and athletes have until the following Monday to submit their scores. Signing up for the CrossFit Open is an excellent way to test your fitness and see how you compare to the rest of the CrossFt community. CrossFit Open workouts will be performed on Fridays at CFR7 and Saturdays at BCF. In addition, you can expect a fun new twist to the CF open this year as we create “teams” for an in-house team competition (teams will be balanced and consist of athletes of all levels)!
The reasons for the direction of this programming block are as follows:
- For most CrossFitters, the CrossFit Open is the biggest test of fitness that we have each year and we want you all to have the best results possible.
- Our programming has been slowly building our strength, gymnastics skills and conditioning all year so that you can put it all to the test and see what you are truly capable of.
Some overall themes you can expect to see in the programming this block are:
- More “Open Style” workouts or Open workout retests
- More strategy-based metcons
- More metcons with built in strength components
- More volume of conditioning (Both long workouts and intervals)
- Application of newly developed gymnastics skills and strength in metcons
As we look at our programming for the rest of 2019, you can expect to see us transition into a cycle of programming blocks similar to last year with the long term goal of preparing you for the next CrossFit Open. We will start back at the beginning and slowly build upon all of the components of fitness to make you even faster, stronger, and healthier as we continue forward with improving our fitness!