Hi! My name is Rachel and I am so happy to be a part of this team and community! I am originally from North Dakota. I grew up in Fargo (yes, really) and spent much of my time at the lakes in Minnesota. I loved having all of the seasons; beautiful winters and summers at the cabin with endless outdoor fun. I graduated from North Dakota State University with a degree in Community Health Education. I had always been active growing up and in school doing volleyball, track and swimming.
Previous to CrossFit, I was a runner and I loved it! In 2010, I did my first full marathon and over the next 4 years had done 19 more plus countless half marathons and shorter races. I loved the physical part of running but the mental test that each race would bring was my favorite. It gave me a chance to do better next time, prepare better, eat better, and train harder. Nothing has ever topped that feeling until I found CrossFit.
I quickly fell in love with this sport because there is so much room for success. There is always a new skill to work on, more weight to be lifted, or more recovery to be had. It leaves so much room for goals to be achieved and a more fulfilled life to be lived! Then you add the community part in and it truly turns into a family. Most CrossFit boxes I have been in do great job of this but CrossFit Route 7 and Ballston CrossFit have always stood out to me since the beginning. I felt so welcome. Every person is friendly and encouraging, it’s a wonderful family to be a part of!
My passion is to train, coach and help people find their preferred form of fitness. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you!
I hold the following certifications and accomplishments:
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education, North Dakota State University
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, CF-L1
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, CF-L2
- USA Weightlifting (USAW) Level 1 Sport Performance Coach
- Personal Trainer Certification with National Council of Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
- Participated in CH Fitness & Performance 12-week Coaches Academy led by Olympian Cara Heads
- Adaptive and Inclusive Trainer (AIT) Certification from Adaptive Training Academy
- Burgener Strength Weightlifting Level 2