OPERATION CROSSFIT OVER COVID
COVID Phase 3 Member’s Guide
As we continue to follow the guidelines set in order to stay open it will be important that we adhere to guidelines outlined by government officials. It will be the best way to keep you safe and healthy while working out. We very much appreciate all of you being patient. We are doing our absolute best to keep you safe while providing you a good experience at the gym within the constraints of current regulations.
We have also installed 2 Vollara Air Surface Pro+ air purification systems in the gym. This air purifying technology has been proven to inactivate over 99.96% of highly concentrated airborne SARS-CoV-2 virus in an enclosed setting in just 3 minutes. Testing of the ActivePure Technology was conducted by one of the world’s top biosafety testing facilities, the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), which primarily tests for the U.S. military and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Read more about it here: https://www.vollara.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/nasa-based-activepure-technology-rapidly-eliminates-99-9-of-airborne-sars-cov-2-virus-in-fda-compliant-military-lab-tests.pdf
Update 5/14/21 – per CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear face masks indoors.
Through Phase 3 of the reopening process our workouts will be slightly different than phase 2:
- Maintain 10ft of distance between yourself and your closest neighbor. There are taped/marked 10 foot sections for each person.
- Sanitize equipment before and after using it.
- You may workout outside if you feel more comfortable!
- Please arrive to the gym wearing your face mask (unless you are fully vaccinated, then this is not required), and keep it on in the warmup area until your 1 hour class begins. From there you may choose to remove your facemask or keep it on during your workout.
- We request that upon entry into the gym, you take your own temperature using our wall mounted thermometer (temperature must be under 100.3 degrees to enter the gym and workout).
- If you choose to stay in the warmup area after your 1 hour class is over, please put your facemask back on and social distance!
Reserving for Class
- You must RESERVE for class through Zen Planner. Classes can be reserved 1 week in advance. You may not show up to class if you have not reserved.
- If you do not show up to a class that you had reserved and that class is at full capacity, you will be barred from that class time for 30 days. Please respect your fellow athletes who also want to workout.
- Reservations can be cancelled up to 1 hour before class. If you need to cancel after that 1 hour window has passed you need to contact the gym via email or phone. If we do not answer your call, leave a voicemail message explaining your situation. Please do your best to drop your reservation 1 hour prior to class to ensure another member can come in to workout.
- If you are waitlisted for a class, be sure to check 1 hour prior to class to see if you were bumped into the class if others dropped their reservations.
- Upon arrival at the gym, please take your temperature and at that time you may remove your facemask.
- The coach will brief the class as usual but please maintain 10ft of distance between you and everyone else in class.
- Before grabbing equipment, you must sanitize or wash your hands.
- Next, we recommend that you wipe down your equipment (wipe down the Barbell, Kettlebell handle and Pull-ups bars). The bumper plates should not be wiped down as the disinfect damages them. Please ensure appropriate distancing between workout stations.
- After class, please sanitize the equipment with a disinfectant wipe or with the spray bottle solution and a hand towel (reminder – please do NOT wipe down the bumpers).
- Before leaving we recommend that you sanitize or wash your hands
- Follow the coaches directions to ensure a safe workout environment. All of the coaches have gone through a training session regarding the guidelines to be followed and will be in charge of making sure that all members adhere to them.
- Please keep at least a distance of 10ft between yourself and other members/coaches.
- We ask you to continue to monitor your health and if you are not feeling well STAY HOME.
- This includes any indication of being sick (shortness of breath, fever, cough, headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle aches and/or loss of smell)